Sunday, September 23, 2012

Life is on track

It feels great to share my life with you. I haven't posted anything in since my Survival Race in the beginning of the month because I have been busy living life.

I've been doing sonly duties by keeping my mother entertained every weekend. I've been to Atlantic City twice this month. First time I lost my tie and the second time I lost the shirt - so if you find any of them please return it. We've also spent some quality time at some German festivals on Long Island where we loaded up on bavarian pretzels and bratwurst.  In all, we have been enjoying ourselves.

Photo from tunneltotowersrun.org
At the end of September I will be running another 5k from the Battery Tunnel in NYC to the Twin Towers site in honor of a deceased firefighter who ran the same route during the tragic 9/11. I must add that I had a minor sport injury (my big toe got jammed) that may affect my performance, but I do not plan on quitting the race. 

I have continued working out 5 days per week. I am noticing a huge difference in my body. I'm doing more reps and sets with heavier weights. I'm running about 4 miles everyday (compared to the 2 miles that I ran before). I could see some abs piercing their way through the flab in my belly. I'm feeling healthy. 

At work, I've taken a closer look at my performance and found ways to improve. This year everything is going to bigger and better. I'm in the process of launching a new Holiday campaign which I am psyched about. It involves 36 elf hats, a digital landing page, mass digital press release and preparing for hundreds of gift donations to deliver to over 50 deserving families. It's quite awesome! I am also considering going back to school. I am thinking about a Law degree - not too sure yet. But it does have my mind working. 

In the meantime, I have managed to save enough money to purchase a home. I am having a hard time parting with it but I am going to begin the search very soon. I'm currently in the process of finding a lender that will finance at least 50% of the purchase price. Wish me luck.

Overall, I have to say life is on track. I'm loving every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment